Summary: Changes user ownership of symlink
bool lchown(string $filename, mixed $user)
Attempts to change the owner of the symlink
filename to user
Only the superuser may change the owner of a symlink.
TRUE on success or
FALSE on failure.
- string $filename: Path to the file.
- mixed $user: User name or number.
Example #1 Changing the owner of a symbolic link
$target = 'output.php';
$link = 'output.html';
- This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem.
- When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories being operated upon have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed.
- This function is not implemented on Windows platforms.