int mb_strrpos(string $haystack, string $needle[, int $offset = 0, string $encoding = mb_internal_encoding()])
Performs a multibyte safe strrpos() operation based on the number of characters.
needle position is counted from the beginning of
haystack. First character's position is 0. Second character position is 1.
Returns the numeric position of the last occurrence of
needle in the
haystack string. If
needle is not found, it returns
- string $haystack: The string being checked, for the last occurrence of
- string $needle: The string to find in
- int $offset [ = 0]: May be specified to begin searching an arbitrary number of characters into the string. Negative values will stop searching at an arbitrary point prior to the end of the string.
- string $encoding [ = mb_internal_encoding()]: The
encodingparameter is the character encoding. If it is omitted, the internal character encoding value will be used.
- The encoding parameter was moved from the third position to the fourth in PHP 5.2.0. For backward compatibility, encoding can be specified as the third parameter, but doing so is deprecated and will be removed in the future.
|5.2.0||Added the optional parameter |