int pspell_new_personal(string $personal, string $language[, string $spelling, string $jargon, string $encoding, int $mode = 0])
pspell_new_personal() opens up a new dictionary with a personal wordlist. The wordlist can be modified and saved with pspell_save_wordlist(), if desired. However, the replacement pairs are not saved. In order to save replacement pairs, you should create a config using pspell_config_create(), set the personal wordlist file with pspell_config_personal(), set the file for replacement pairs with pspell_config_repl(), and open a new dictionary with pspell_new_config().
For more information and examples, check out inline manual pspell website:» http://aspell.net/.
Returns the dictionary link identifier for use in other pspell functions.
- string $personal: The file where words added to the personal list will be stored. It should be an absolute filename beginning with '/' because otherwise it will be relative to $HOME, which is "/root" for most systems, and is probably not what you want.
- string $language: The language code which consists of the two letter ISO 639 language code and an optional two letter ISO 3166 country code after a dash or underscore.
- string $spelling: The requested spelling for languages with more than one spelling such as English. Known values are 'american', 'british', and 'canadian'.
- string $jargon: Extra information to distinguish two different words lists that have the same language and spelling parameters.
- string $encoding: The encoding that words are expected to be in. Valid values are utf-8, iso8859-*, koi8-r, viscii, cp1252, machine unsigned 16, machine unsigned 32.
- int $mode [ = 0]: The mode in which spellchecker will work. There are several modes available:
PSPELL_FAST- Fast mode (least number of suggestions)
PSPELL_NORMAL- Normal mode (more suggestions)
PSPELL_BAD_SPELLERS- Slow mode (a lot of suggestions)
PSPELL_RUN_TOGETHER- Consider run-together words as legal compounds. That is, "thecat" will be a legal compound, although there should be a space between the two words. Changing this setting only affects the results returned by pspell_check(); pspell_suggest() will still return suggestions. Mode is a bitmask constructed from different constants listed above. However,
PSPELL_BAD_SPELLERSare mutually exclusive, so you should select only one of them.
Example #1 pspell_new_personal()
$pspell_link = pspell_new_personal ("/var/dictionaries/custom.pws",
"en", "", "", "", PSPELL_FAST|PSPELL_RUN_TOGETHER);