mixed str_ireplace(mixed $search, mixed $replace, mixed $subject[, int &$count])
This function returns a string or an array with all occurrences of
subject (ignoring case) replaced with the given
replace value. If you don't need fancy replacing rules, you should generally use this function instead of preg_replace() with the i modifier.
Returns a string or an array of replacements.
- mixed $search: The value being searched for, otherwise known as the needle. An array may be used to designate multiple needles.
- mixed $replace: The replacement value that replaces found
searchvalues. An array may be used to designate multiple replacements.
- mixed $subject: The string or array being searched and replaced on, otherwise known as the haystack.
subjectis an array, then the search and replace is performed with every entry of
subject, and the return value is an array as well.
- int &$count: If passed, this will be set to the number of replacements performed.
Example #1 str_ireplace() example
$bodytag = str_ireplace("%body%", "black", "<body text=%BODY%>");
echo $bodytag; // <body text=black>
- This function is binary-safe.